First Year Goals
Winning your first contract is exciting. There’s no doubt about that. However, your first year is going will be focused on turning your business into a fine-tuned machine that’s constantly landing these opportunities. To do that, you’re going to fixate on three main areas. You’re going build relationships, master the bidding process, and develop your strategy. Here are your first year goals:
Networking is just as important in government contracting as it is in the private sector. That’s why USFCR will provide you with a list of contracting officers and prime vendors who work with businesses in your industry. This will be your starting point for your working relationships in government contracting.
- Get contracting officers and prime vendors to view your business as viable.
- Provide them with your capabilities, past performance, or references via your SAP Online Capabilities Statement.
- Find out the purchasing tendencies of contracting officers on your list when they award new vendors.
- Market your set-asides with the angle of helping agencies reach their goals.
- Understand the standard practices of communication with federal agencies.